Academy of Music Terms and Conditions – 2017
Please read these carefully as there have been some changes.
- Enrolment: Enrolment applies by term. You are required to re-enrol if you wish to return or risk losing your spot. Enrolment priority will be given to existing students however if you do not re-enrol we cannot guarantee you a place. Students who do not enrol will be assumed as discontinuing and will be replaced by students on the waiting list. Enrolment forms are available at the store counter. If you are unable to pick up a physical copy of the form, please give us a call and we will email one out to you. Please keep in mind that enrolment is your responsibility, as it is a large academy.
- Fees: Lessons are charged at a Full Term rate of $330 for 10 weeks and are paid in its entirety before the commencement of the term. A Half term payment option is available at $165 for 5 lessons and the balance is due before week 5 of the term.
- OR individually at $35 per ½ hr lesson for Trial Lessons & Pay As You Go ( PAYG students must have a deposit of four weeks paid ($140) and then fortnightly payments in advance at all times ).
- Discounts: There are varying discounts available at different times of the year, please check with us either in store at Mammoth Music or give us a call 08-9527 3687.
Students who are learning two or more instruments, students taking hour lessons, or families with two or more children attending lessons are entitled to a 5% discount on fees. Please be aware that you need to alert the front counter of this fact at the time of payment or we cannot guarantee that you receive this discount as we are unable to refund the excess later.
- Cancellation of Lessons midterm: A cancellation fee of $33 is payable if lessons are cancelled midterm and the rest either refunded or credited to the next term. This is non-negotiable.
- Absentees: We understand that it is sometimes difficult to make your lesson but as your tutor is normally here for you, we ask that you do your utmost to attend every week as make up lessons are not available. See below regarding Make up conditions.
- Make Up Lessons: As the Mammoth music Academy continues to grow, and due to the high standard of our teachers whose availability we respect, make up lessons are not guaranteed. If a makeup lesson can be arranged, this will be at the teacher’s discretion and dependant on their availability. If a teacher is absent, we will endeavour to have a relief teacher to cover your lesson for that period or a credit will apply to your next term fees. If feasible, makeup lessons could be carried out at the end of term if both parties are available.
- Relief: We reserve the right to provide a relief teacher if your usual teacher is unavailable. Please be aware that permanent teacher change is a possibility due to teachers moving on, however, information will be given regarding this if this happens to be the case.
- Correspondence: General correspondence on important events takes place in the newsletter. We release important information through it and request that you keep an eye out for these updates.
All Correspondence must be made directed to the academy office and not the teacher as this leads to confusion. We will pass information on to teachers as needed.
- Changes: Mammoth Academy of Music reserves the right to change these conditions as needed; however, you will be given notice whenever possible.